Glencoe Country Club
1325 1st St East
GLENCOE, MN 55336
(320) 864-3023
Glencoe Country Club
An organizational meeting was held on April 26, 1955.  The Articles of incorporation
were executed on February 6, 1956.  Two hundred shares of common stock were
authorized at a value of $100 per share.  The first membership dues were assessed
for the 1958 golf season at $30.  The original clubhouse construction started in July
1959 and was completed in October with 90% of the work being done by members.  
Lagoon excavation was started in the fall of 1961. A fairway watering system was
installed in the summer and fall of 1976.  The clubhouse was remodeled in 1984 and
the course was expanded to 18 holes, opening for play in July 1993.  The course was
reconfigured to the present layout in 1996.
Brief History of the Glencoe Country Club
Board Of Directors
Name and Title
Term Expires
Mike Kohr, President
2010
Gene Starke, Vice President
2011
Karen Benson, Secretary
2011
Kevin Starr, Treasurer
2011
Cookie Lehtinen
2010
Dale Exsted
2012
Dean Vacek
2012
Doug Lenzen
2012
Tim Wolter
2010
Arnold W. Beneke
H.W. Bruns
O.L. Danek
Lee Draeger
J.F. Falkenhagen
Alva F. Fitch
Edward J. Gavin
George C. Gould
W.J. Harpel
Donald J. Inglis
Edward F. Jensen
Carl Mackdanz
Harry Marshall
E.J. Mikulecky
Glenn M. Otteson
Otto Shamla
Hubert G. Smith
Duane G. Thiele
Henry A. Thoeny
Edward G. Stoeckman
Clark W. Truesdale, Sr.
CHARTER MEMBERS